The Basque Development NGO Coordinator was founded in 1988 with the goal of cooperating, reflecting, dialoguing and working to ensure that the actions of the member Development NGO would be always as coordinated, coherent, suitable and tolerant as possible.
The 11 founding members have grown to 79 Development NGO today with over 140 headquarters in the different territories of the Basque Country.
Based on the experience gathered over the years, all the member Development NGO have jointly agreed a set of priority objectives for the Development NGO Coordinator:
- Foster coordination between the different partner Development NGO to increase and improve the work in the field of international development cooperation, by encouraging joint actions by the members.
- Facilitate a space for reflection on the cooperation model that we are promoting in order to change the North/South imbalance.
- Raise awareness and train Basque society about the situation in Southern countries.
- Foster value of tolerance and solidarity among peoples and cultures.
- Disseminate and raise awareness about the work of the Development NGO among the general public.